Muskathlon Sri Lanka 2017
6th - 15th October 2017
- This will be the first Open Doors Muskathlon in Asia, a region of the world where many Christians face persecution.
- Sri Lanka has a population of 21.6 million, and only 1.9 million Christians. Christians are very much in the minority and are often persecuted. Neighbouring India has a population of 1.3 billion with 63 million Christians. Sadly persecution in all forms is on the increase here mainly due to radical Hindu extremists.
- The church is under severe pressure in Sri Lanka and surrounding countries. There are reports of Christians being physically beaten, losing their jobs, or being forced to flee their homes. On average a church is burnt down or a pastor beaten three times a week, this violence saw India rise to number 17 on the World Watch list this year.
- In Sri Lanka, the money raised can support Christians in Sri Lanka as well as surrounding countries such as India.
- Your money could help provide emergency relief packs including food and medical supplies, trauma counselling, skills training and micro loans.
Your Muskathlon Trip to Sri Lanka will include team time, devotions, visit to a church under pressure, meeting local Christians and pastors, meeting Christians from India, and post Muskathlon celebration.
Meeting Christians from India. You will discover how Asian Christians deal with the pressure of following Jesus in daily life. You will be able to stand with your persecuted brothers and sisters and let them know that they are not alone. The week will finish with a post muskathlon celebration!
Sri Lanka is known for its jungle and hilly terrain. The Muskathlon track leads partly over dirt roads through the mountainous area and partly over main roads.
How to register
Please register for the Muskathlon with 4M by following this link.