Prayer News 292 (September-October 2022)
Have you added your prayers for our persecuted church family in the Middle East to the One Million Prayers of Hope interactive map yet?
Be part of Open Doors' secret network and support persecuted Christians in prayer. All the videos are available to download for you to share with your church or home group.
In this edition of Prayer News:
- Syria: Throughout the war in Syria, Pastor Edward and his wife Rana have stayed to serve their community.
- Iraq: Thanks to your prayers and support, Vian is taking part in a counselling course to help more people who have experienced trauma after the 2014 invasion of Iraq by so-called Islamic State.
- Syria: Ferial and her family fled Aleppo during the civil war and settled in Latakia, where Ferial has become a children’s teacher at their local Centre of Hope.
- Iraq: As a young boy living in Baghdad, Fadi experienced a lot of trauma when the Iraq war broke out in 2003. But Fadi has stayed to serve as a lay leader in his church.
- Syria: When Alaa was displaced because of the war in Syria, he found a brighter future through a Centre of Hope, which helped him to establish a sawmill business.
- Iraq: Silva is a reporter for the radio station ‘Voice of Peace’ which transmits a message of hope across Iraq and the Middle East.
Also in this edition:
- Pray with us: Join Sam and Rebecca as they share some good news stories and answers to prayer from the persecuted church to encourage your prayers - with a special focus on the Middle East.
- Let's reflect: Rebecca shares a short reflection on Hebrews 11 and the importance of looking forward to the future Jesus has promised us to help us persevere in prayer.